Monday, January 14, 2008

Germs, Germs Go Away!

I'm sure anyone reading this already knows, but the new chocolate covered confection that we're expecting in April is going to be a boy. Chocolate Covered Peanut is a girl and had the most adorable girly baby clothes. That was back in the day when I chose what she would wear each day and she didn't have the ability yet to argue or fight it. When I was pregnant with her and shopped for girly clothes, I always said a silent grateful prayer that I didn't have to shop on that bland looking blue side of the store. But now that I am shopping on the bland side, I'm discovering that boy clothes can be cute, too! A good friend passed on a lot of boy clothing that her son wore, and it's all so cute! It's not all "little slugger" stuff - not that there's anything wrong with that (I'm just not particularly athletic and we're not a huge sports family).

Today was also an awesome day because Chocolate Covered Peanut had a playdate with another toddler her age and actually played WITH him!! So many playdates are spent with her on my lap clinging to me, wanting me to follow her everywhere. Today she actually left my lap and interacted with her friend. And as a bonus, there were very few arguments over toys!

Later in the afternoon, I went to teach my Spanish class (I teach Spanish enrichment lessons in daycare centers for a few hours each week). I inwardly cringed as I picked up one little boy from his classroom and he informed me (while spewing phlegm and germs) that he has a bad cough. Ugh!!! I spent the entire holiday season sick with one form of virus after another. Now that I'm finally feeling normal again I'd like to keep it that way. But there's no polite way to ask an adorable three year old not to breathe on you! If you can think of one, please let me know because this is a constant problem.

3 comments:

Mojavi said...

what are you gonna call the next little one? chocolate covered???

nice to hear CCPeanut moved off the lap :)

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

I'm not sure yet - I'm still pondering that one. Any suggestions? CC Peanut's name is appropriate because she is a little nutty, but lovable!

Mojavi said...

well when he comes out he will prob look like a little raisin! lol but best to see his personality first :)