Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Mania!

I've discovered recently that pregnancy is way more fascinating through the eyes of a two year old. In order to "prepare" Chocolate Covered Peanut for the life-altering changes to come, we have been a little baby-obsessed. Watching videos about new babies, reading books about new babies, observing babies everywhere we go, and talking about our soon-to-arrive baby. It's safe to say that I am a little baby-weary at this point!

Now that CCP finally believes that there is, indeed, a baby in my tummy (she staunchly denied this for a good many months), she seems to think that my belly button is a peephole that will allow her to see him. Several times a day she will push up my shirt, push down the elastic of my pants, and peer into my belly button to check on the baby. She has also perfected a "mama walk" that entails her sticking her tummy out as far as possible and waddling across the room. It's actually an dead-on impression! When she performed this for my husband I could see him mentally debating whether or not it was safe to laugh (smart man).

4 comments:

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Whoa.

I want, nay - I DEMAND to see the Mama Walk.

hahahahahaahaha

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

I do need to get video of it!! I'm sure she would love to demonstrate next time we see you!

Antropóloga said...

My friend's kid thinks she new baby can only hear her if she shouts into the belly button.

Mamma Sarah said...

My son does the exact thing with the belly button as the peephole into the baby's world. Amazing how they think sometimes!