Monday, March 3, 2008

Random Nothingness

I'm starting to think that I just imagined this last weekend. The weather was so warm and beautiful, but today it's back to winter. We thoroughly enjoyed the warm weather by playing outside in our muddy backyard. Unfortunately, the warm weather and wind also seemed to bring allergies back to our house so we didn't spend as much time outside as I would have liked.

On the baby front, I am making really good progress in preparation for Chocolate Covered Baby. I think I waited until the week before Chocolate Covered Peanut was born to get everything finally ready. This time I have all of the baby clothes washed and put away a month and a half ahead of schedule!!! Hot Chocolate is definitely getting better at handling CCPeanut's bedtime routine and bedtime meltdowns, so I will have fewer worries while I'm in the hospital. Now if I could just get caught up on my photo albums before this baby arrives...

I truly took a ridiculous number of pictures of CCPeanut the first two years. She was so much easier to photograph before she started walking, so the number of photos decreases as she gets older. I'm done with her first year scrapbook and I'm just putting together plain old photo albums for the rest. Hopefully she won't compare them to her friends' fabulously crafted scrapbooks when she gets older, because I am woefully uncreative.

The only major detail left to deal with before the new baby arrives is the name. I am having such a hard time finding boy names that I like. My list of girl names for CCPeanut was a mile long, but I just can't get very excited about boy names. It doesn't help that Hot Chocolate tends to like the more contemporary names and I prefer the more traditional. The clock is ticking and we're still completely avoiding the whole topic!

2 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Naming is hard business. Our first one was easy and the second was a challenge.

Antropóloga said...

My best friend is due the first week of April and still doesn't have a name, so you are in good company. :)