Saturday, May 31, 2008

Quick Update and Apology

Sorry for being MIA for the last month!! I love, love, love having two kids now, but me-time is definitely on hold for a while. Me-time would include things like blogging, surfing the web, shopping for anything but groceries, etc. If I had a laptop that allowed me to do this from anywhere, it would be much easier. Instead I have a computer in an office room in our basement, very much separated from the rest of the house. I also have a 2 1/2 year old who LOVES the computer and will not let me do anything on it by myself!

Our son was born April 29 at 8:00 a.m. after a labor that was much shorter and easier than I had with my daughter!! He was 8 lb. 8 oz. (a half pound bigger than his sister). He is squishy and adorable, and I fell instantly in love with him! He's a very mellow baby and easily consolable (unlike his sister). I'm still pondering the appropriate chocolate covered name for him, so I would welcome any suggestions you all might have...

I'm running out of me-time, so here are some pictures of the two kids! Keep in mind I am a horrible photographer, so these pictures don't do justice to the cuteness of my offspring. Sorry for the weird spacing of pictures and captions - I've never posted pictures before and have a lot to learn. And I don't have anymore time to mess with it tonight!!


Chocolate Covered Peanut and her new baby brother just a few days after we got home














The elusive Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Covered Peanut, and baby in the hospital









More current shot of new baby - please imagine him without the horrible baby acne!!

4 comments:

Antropóloga said...

Congratulations! A perfect baby.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

He is SO SWEET. I am so lucky I get to hang out with him and just soak in all that adorableness.

I think you should call him Pistachio!

Mamma Sarah said...

Congrats to you and your Chocolate Covered Family.

Melain said...

Hey CONGRATS! and welcome back to blogging. We missed you!

I think Chocolate Nougat would be lovely. The Little Nougat. Love it!