Friday, August 22, 2008

Why didn't I think of that?

Sorry for the very lengthy absence. We are all getting along fabulously! So fabulously that spending time on my computer is very low on the priority list these days. Chocolate Covered Pistachio (the new kid) is nearly four months old - how did that happen? Didn't we just bring him home the other day?? Anyhow, Chocolate Covered Peanut is finally pretty well adjusted (why did I just write that and curse myself?).

We have a new guest in our house named Dora the Explorer! CCPeanut has discovered all things Dora and CAN'T! STOP! TALKING! ABOUT! IT! This is a good thing when it comes to me being able to get CCPistachio down for a nap and such (just pop in a video and she's captivated), but also extremely irritating. I know preschoolers love and learn from the repetition they use in Dora, but it drives me batty! Sesame Street is the one kids' show that I truly enjoy because there is so much variety - my husband accuses me of enjoying it more than CCPeanut.

One particular Dora DVD, however, has been useful in giving me some insight into CCPeanut's dreams and goals. Dora asks the viewers what they want to be when they grow up, and CCPeanut ALWAYS answers EVERYTHING Dora asks. The first time she watched this I wasn't sure I'd heard her answer correctly, so I asked her to repeat but she refused. The second time I listened more carefully, and sure enough I had heard her correctly. Cookie Monster! She wants to be Cookie Monster when she grows up! Why didn't I think of that? I could totally rock that job! Damn, all I could come up with was public school teacher! How lame am I?

No comments: