Thursday, February 7, 2008

Little Miss Whinypants

Is it the curse of the sweet tooth or just plain rotten luck? I freaking failed my blood glucose test AGAIN!! I was soooooo careful to consume NO carbs last night or all day today leading up to the test. I don't know if that actually helps, but I figured it couldn't hurt. This, of course, means that I have to go for the three hour glucose tolerance test (which is a misnomer because it actually takes four hours) next week. I had to do the same thing while pregnant with Chocolate Covered Peanut, and it was a complete waste of time because the results came back normal. I'm sure it will be fine this time, too, but I can't risk skipping the test (even though I have to admit I'm tempted) and then having gestational diabetes. I'm trying to look at the bright side and think about how many of my past due magazines I can read while getting stabbed by needle after needle, drinking NASTY bottles of liquid, and waiting, waiting, waiting. But really, is there a bright side? I know, those cuddly little newborns are SO worth all the suffering and sacrifice. But seriously!

PS Thank you, Mojavi, for the adorable profile to the right! As I look at that, I realize that the theme of this blog could have a lot to do with my current situation!!

3 comments:

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Ugh. You poor thing.

If you need to drop off CCPeanut over here, let me know.

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

Hot Chocolate is off work that day, so he should be able to manage. I very much appreciate the offer, though! And the sympathy (or is it empathy?).

Mojavi said...

hugs... hope you don't puke!