Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thank Goodness for Saturday

Chocolate Covered Peanut and I had a fun day visiting my grandma and parents today, like we do every Saturday. My grandma just turned 90, and while I'm sure she's got many more feisty years ahead of her I do appreciate every visit. CCP loves to visit my parents' house as they have a huge stash of toys saved from my brother and I. She can busily play there for hours each week just because it's all new and different from what she has at home everyday. That's fine by me because I can park my pregnant butt in the recliner and let Grandma and Grandpa entertain her. It is disappointing, however, that she is not the least bit interested in carrying on my tradition of trolling the mall or other stores on Saturdays with my mom. Ask CCP to go to the mall for some shopping and you will get a firm NO in response. It breaks my heart, but she is her father's daughter.

Today the oil light on my car came on as we were driving to my parents' house. Yes, Hot Chocolate is an automotive technician, and no he did not change my oil when he was supposed to about 4,000 miles ago. As I was checking the oil level and adding a couple more quarts, CCP was carefully supervising me and reminding me of what Daddy had said to do. Again, her father's daughter!!!

1 comment:

Mojavi said...

wait... what! lol man talk about the plumber having leaky pipes!